PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canon EOS350D at Luton
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2005, 08:04
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats, DeepC! I found the beauty of the bigger card is that it changes the way you manage your hobby. I have had a Canon AE1 programmable with a number of lenses for many years, but I tended to spend a lot of time considering manual settings before taking the shot. Thinking about it, it was all about wasting film and the limitations of having a limited number of shots left before having to load a new film; then there was the processing costs...

Since buying the Canon Powershot [G2] two years ago, I have got into the habit of taking more photos more quickly, only taking the extra time to alter settings for special effects type shots. It quickly became the practice precisely because it is easy to delete the rubbish and edit the remainder. The hobby has taken on the new dimension of photo manipulation on the PC!

I'm now training the wife to alter her slow habits now that I have bought her the Canon Ixus 50, complete with a 1Gb card.

Actually, it is a good point about having several cards in case of failure - it's a point that I have not considered, since with 880 shots available on best resolution, I considered the need for another card unlikely. I was thinking in volume terms rather than failure... Ah well, back to Jessops to get another!

I recently spent the contents of my piggy bank on a new printer - settled on the Epson Stylus Photo 1290, which has given fantastic results on Epson photo quality glossy film.

Still an expensive hobby, innit?!!