Thread: Lu Zuckerman
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2005, 05:30
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tributes already posted before Lyne's announcement

PPRuNe Towers
posted 16th July 2005 21:12
All at the Towers wish him peace after a life of fighting for what he thought was right.

Rob and Danny
helmet fire posted 16th July 2005 21:21
Lu, I know you are up there friend, explaining the real theory behind cloud offset behaviour to the big man and setting up a Robinson Thread in Heaven's PPrune!
We will miss the light of your imagination and the steel of your conviction,

Rest In Peace Lu.
Robbo Jock posted 16th July 2005 21:36
I'm surprised how hard that's hit me - I've never spoken to him, I exchanged a couple of e-mails a few years ago and I've read his posts and his defence of his posts over the years. Yet hearing of his passing has deeply saddened me. Shows how close you can get to someone, even just reading his views on a forum.

Lu always expressed his opinions with certainty, vigour and humour, rarely descending to the level of the personal attacks that he was sometimes subjected to. He stuck to his guns and defended his position; whether that position was right or wrong was and will be a subject of eternal debate here. But in stimulating the debate and in fighting his corner, Lu caused a lot of people to think. And in that way he has certainly left his mark on our little community.

Although I never met Lu, I shall miss him. My deepest condolences to Lu's wife and family.
ShyTorque posted 16th July 2005 21:42
I'm extremely sorry to hear this very sad news.

Having lost my mother three years ago in similar circumstances, my heart goes out to his family.

God bless, Lu.
widgeon posted 16th July 2005 21:43
Very sad to hear. When I started my new job working with Sea Kings Lu sent me , quite out of the blue , a model that I keep on my desk . Every day I will be reminded of his kindness and the knowledge that he shared with all of us on this forum. My condolences to his family.
VeeAny posted 16th July 2005 21:45
I too am deeply saddened by Lu's passing,
Robbo Jock I find myself in the same position as you and I am very surprised at how I feel right now.

RIP Lu and my sincerest condolences to all his family.

V.
NickLappos posted 16th July 2005 21:52
I spoke to Lu on Thursday (for the first time), and he was as spry and witty as he ever appeared to us on pprune. I, too, am very sad, and will miss him very much.

We spoke of the pioneers that he knew and flew with, who were legends by the time I came along, and he laughed and joked about our wrangles. He was one of a kind. Our screwball world of vertical flight is now quite a bit duller, and a lot less knowledgable with Lu's loss.

Lyne, please pass on to your family the condolences of the hundreds of ppruners who respected your father so much.
Hilico posted 16th July 2005 21:55
I can't believe it. I spoke to Mr Zuckerman only a couple of days ago (contact details were included on another thread). I know he's referred to as 'Lu' on threads here but 'Mr Zuckerman' seemed more fitting (for one thing, he knew a lot more than I do). The strange thing was, he sounded younger when I talked to him than he did when I read his posts.

My condolences to his family and friends - many of whom live here.

Steve
Droopystop posted 16th July 2005 22:00
A sad day indeed. I can't say I always understood his arguments, but someone who challenges engineering design with the experience, education and conviction of Lu deserves to be remembered for ever more. People like Lu are few and far between. They are the reason that designers and engineers get things right in the end. The helicopter world (not to mention Pprune) will be a poorer place without him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

DS