PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - " 20 feet or 6 inches?"
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2002, 10:02
Cyclic Hotline

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
After reading the rest of the details and the informed comment here, I am left again wondering what precisely was gained from this prosecution?

As others have noted, this entire issue was blown entirely out of all proportion, and the size of the fine and costs are completely out of context with the circumstance.

That a Government agency can devote this amount of effort and expense to something of this nature, is indicative of a department that is lacking suitable management and oversight, or is totally lacking a positive, or any real, application to devote it's resources to! The expense and scale of mounting a defence against the unlimited resources of the government is enough to ensure even the most resolute would capitulate.

This issue could have been much better resolved between the parties, rather than a showcase trial to demonstrate the power of the authority. Pretty disgusting really.

I have read of a couple of these persecutions (sorry, prosecutions), and they remind me of the activities of the FAA whilst dealing with <a href="http://www.avweb.com/other/faahoovr.html" target="_blank">Bob Hoover.</a>.

Forming a defensive circle to defend their position and power, they engage you in an ever worsening battle, from which you will not walk away!

There are much simpler, effective (and cost effective) ways of resolving issues of this nature which can actually result in a positive outcome by educating others in the avoidance of situations of this nature. Pillorying an individual, is not the one that springs to my mind!