PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exeter: Inquiry about sale
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2005, 12:35
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WATABENCH

I agree with you that EXT has more to gain from this than BRS, especially in regard to long haul charter flights.

BRS would be likely to lose (or not get) such flights because why would a common owner try to get airlines/tour companies to operate out of BRS with a reduced load or via another airport when it has an airport close by capable of coping without these restrictions?

And I cannot see EXT losing many of its newly obtained Flybe flights because most have been so successful. Indeed, with the experience and muscle of SWAC behind it EXT would be extremely likely to get even more flights and probably more carriers.

Why would SWAC try to run EXT down anyway? Their pax figures have mushroomed in the past two years without any negative effect on BRS whose own pax numbers continue to soar. Surely SWAC see it as a case of having two successful airports in the south west instead of one.

Furthermore, I can see some members of BRS's highly successful management team being sent to EXT to help out there: another minus for BRS and plus for EXT.

I would have thought it much better for EXT to have a friendly airport up the road rather than a rival.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 16th Jul 2005 at 13:09.