PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chris Henry CIR Book
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2005, 05:15
Chris Henry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIR Theory

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that it is true. I have suspended updating my book for no other reason than a serious shortage of time. I figure if you can't do it properly then don't do it at all.
Unfortunately, it is now seriously out of date, but who knows I might just crank it up again one day.

I'm afraid that it is not correct however, that AirServices were threatening to charge me for the AIP data... they probably didn't think of it!

Let me say, I am very humbled by your kind comments. After 15 years in publication there must be a lot of pilots who used the book and it's nice to be appreciated.

As mentioned by someone, I have just left VB to head the Performance Engineering Division for Naverus Inc. These are the people who designed the RNP approaches in Juneau, Alaska, Westjet network in Canada and most recently the new approach in Queenstown for QF. They are moving into the heavy jet performance market and that's where I come into the picture. If you don't know what an RNP approach is, take a look at naverus.com.

I will l still be based in Brisbane at supporting them in our time zone, so lots of travel.

Let me say that leaving VB been a difficult call for me.. to all the Hazo, Kendell and VB pilots I have worked with, it has been my privilege to know you ... they don't make 'em any better than you blokes.

Please stay in touch.

my email is [email protected]

regards,

Chris