PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you operated the housesizer in a C401
Old 15th Jul 2005, 21:45
Onan the Clumsy

I'matightbastard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great airplane, and I second everything Tinstaafl says.

The front door is a big help, especially if you're hauling cargo. I think it was an option, because I only remember it on the 402s

Careful taking corners as the MLG supposedly doesn't like side loads.

Lots of room up front, very comfortable to fly and lots of room on the floor to put your duty log, but watch the fuel selectors if you do that.

If you see your PIC put his hand out of the storm window after take off, remember that he only has his fingers out there so don't shove your entire hand out

She'll take the weight just fine - especially if you distribute it well, but that was with both of 'em running.

And I'm not sure if the spar AD is relevant in the US now, but you might want to check your a/c is compliant.

I never had problems with hot starts (I thought it was an IO540 in that a/c btw)

They certainly fall out of the sky on final but controlled all the way down, so you can do a high approach pretty easily if you want.

Where are you going to be flying them? cargo or pax? You're going to like it.

Oh one other thing. They didn't like us moving the elevators, though they seemed to be ok with it if you support both sides when you move them (in the preflight).

Check the nut on the trim activator too, it hink one went in from that coming off...though I might be wrong.

We had one with a tank in the nacelle, but i thin kit was for alcohol, not fuel - presumably for de-icing, not drinking purposes.