PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too young? And how young is too young?
Old 15th Jul 2005, 21:08
titchuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone thought i might put a copy of what i have wrote to a few of you about my work experience at monarch airlines...

hey!
yea thanks for leaving a reply its great! yea i am doing work experience with monarch airlines but unfortunatly it was my last day 2day! what a great 2 week though! Yea i dont mind you asking anything if i can answer it.
Obviously as i am currently at school, we had to do 2 week work expericne and the choice is up to us where we go for the 2 week but we have to organise it ourselfs. i dont know if it is the same with other airline comapies but monarch only allow work experience placements to those who have family members who for for the company. Howvere i was lucky as a friend of my parents who is a capain got me the placement there. But if you want to do work experince then it is worth asking other airlines i suppose the worst that can happen is that they say no so just try another one!
The work i have been doing at monarch airlines is going to all the various different departments within the company and seeing how the company works toge6ther in order for things to run smoothly and efficiantly and i cant tell you enough they work so hard to just get that plane in the air and people wouldnt otherwise realise!
So what is the reasoning for you wanting work experience? I thought you wernt at school anymore ?
well thanks for the msg!
chris

i dunno if that helps anyone :s if you want to know anymore just ask!

also can anyone tell me what these phrases mean:

i know what ppl stands for - private pilots licence!) lol :P

> JAA PPL

> JAA ATPL

> F/ATPL

> IR

> CPL ( i think that stands for commercial pilots licence)

if there are any others that anyone could tell me that would be great! thanks