PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simuflite Dallas
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 20:33
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thedeadseawasonlysick:

<<However, the manuals were a mess.>>

I encountered the same frustrating experience with the Falcon maintenance manuals when I was an A&P mechanic working on Falcon 50 and 900 series C checks. The same problems persisted into the 2000 manuals as well. We noted the manual discrepancies and turned them over to the Falcon techreps. I have since "come over to the dark side" as a charter pilot flying Westwinds and Hawkers for the last few years. I don't know how many of the translation and other errors have since been corrected. I too have found training manual discrepancies at SimuFlite and FlightSafety in both maintenance and flight training materials. I always point them out to the staff in the hope that corrections will be made. However, with the quickening pace of training, there is little time available to dwell upon a single issue during valuable class time. It might be one of the shortcomings of modern training organizations that airplane type training programs take years to get established properly. I hope that you made your concerns and areas of dissatisfaction known to the management in the form of a scathing course critique form. The program managers and their bosses read these. Enough of these indicate the need for improvement. In theory anyway. At least you get the satisfaction of having put in your $.02 worth.

That F2TH is an aircraft I think I might like to fly in the future. How do you like it after flying it awhile?

Best regards,

Westhawk