PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 18:19
Happyeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've snuck in to post this threads 1000th reply and what a thread it's become. Had it all really, dispair, anger, hope, joy and we've luckily all witnessed the re-birth of GA in Newcastle with a superb re-vamped Club and of course the Wings Bar.

Well done to those who made it possible, I hope it is a big success and that the Northumbria Flying School goes from strength to strength. We all though we'd lost the Club in December, the Administrators presentation was depressing and the Clubs AGM was awful with doom and gloom writ large.

It has been good to see the Phoenix rise and new members joining and enjoying learning to fly as well as seeing the older members chatting over the older times in the new plush surroundings. The new instructors and team that run the Club and bar are excellent, a mixture of experience, enthusiasm and youth.

I have made many new friends since my first introductory flight a year ago tomorrow and even met someone that I hadn't seen in almost 30 years again. Well done once again.