PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IT - Idiotic Turnrounds
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 16:27
Roguedent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have heard about the new system, but that is all. I am currently away on a short notice 3 week course, wonder if the dogs BO(LLO)CS will cope with that. Not sure that we need a new planning tool as yet, whats wrong with stars, apart from its not very user friendly and always crashes! I agree with the current line of this tread about needing Sqn level planning. How will the system cope with sudden changes to trips or personnel. On the up side will the Duty Planners be out of a Job? I DOUBT IT. Give it a few months and the auto selection of crews will be disabled and it will be another SAMA/STARS/CCIS/ALFENS/some other waste of RAF money system. Also now the Fun police are well and truly involved in task planning, will the same people get the good trips all the time as they have space at the end of the last trip, and all the BASRATBAG trips be aloccated to the same line again, or will we be able to intervein at Sqn level, making BO(LLO)CS another expensive update to stars!!

p.s STOPSTART: To be frank perspex boards and chinagraghs were the best invention since sliced bread for planning. Plus you could put your CCS dates on them etc..where you could see when you would be out of date, insted of having a computer print out saying you are already out of date, book an appointment now!! Only to find out the next CCS date is 4 months away..DOH!!