PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally i hit the road...
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 12:11
Ready2Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally i hit the road...

As you can read in this post i got addicted to flying a helicopter about three years ago. Since my last posting i did not get anywhere (except keeping my class 1 medical current) until mid of last week:

I had my first practical lesson for my PHPL which basically was an extended preflight check (~ 90 mins) and i did start flying only this week with a bit more than 2,5 hours now.

I am not going to write about it as Whirlybird did but i might come up with bits and pieces from time to time.

All i can say right now is: What a bunch of fun!

For special reasons we have to divert to another airfield to practice hovering which takes about 15 minutes (one way) but during my second lesson i was able to hold a (more or less stable) hover for about 30 to 40 seconds without any inputs from my FI. It was far from being perfect and i still think it was more a conincidence but nevertheless it was a nice experience. I should mention that this happened in the evening after i finished my work at the office which is a disadvantage because your ability to concentrate is not as good as if you were flying in the morning but that is the way it is (for the moment).

Nevertheless i am looking forward for the things that are ahead of me and i am sure i will experience 'hard times' (both in practical and theoretical lessons) but like i said, i am still confident that overall it will be a lot of fun.

Thanks for reading and best regards,
Ready2Fly