PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simuflite Dallas
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 09:25
thedeadseawasonlysick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a F2000 course at Simuflite Dallas a couple of years ago. As others have said, the staff was enthusiastic and very welcoming. However, the manuals were a mess. On various pages pressures and temperatures were completely different for the same system. The books were about 18 months old and had never been ammended. I can't believe that nobody else had noticed the errors and pointed them out. They also suffered from having been translated from French by a non native English speaker and having never been proof read. A lot of time was taken up deciding just what was meant by any particular passage.

The clincher came when we got onto pressurization. The manual talked about three systems and it was obvious that they had done a cut and paste job from the F900 manual. This followed over to the exam at the end of the course wherethe first question on the braking system bore no relation to anything I had learnt. When I called the invigulator over, he took one look and said,'that's because it's the F900 braking system'. In all there were six questions relating to the F900 in the exam. It showed a very lazy attitude to checking. In airlines I have worked for, this just would not be allowed, either by the airline or the CAA.

The instructor who took groundschool had been everywhere and worked for everyone. After a while it became obvious why. At that stage of proceedings all we wanted to know what was needed to pass the exam. What we got was.' you don't need to know this, but it's a good bar-room topic'! Eventually, when a CAA inspector was due to sit in on a sim session with us, the instructor refused to go in the sim with him. After this our new instructor was much better and we learnt more of use in the last few days than in the preceeding two weeks.

I recommended to the company that we never use Simuflite again.