PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS 1 Year Forcast
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 08:53
basuto72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am almost certain (as far as I can be !) that we will not join DEFTS. Although that would have been the sensible thing to do many years ago, one aircraft fits all etc, To answer your question pr00ne, they are going to transform 3 of the existing UAS's into "super UAS's" that will do the EFT post IOT. These are reported to be at Church Fenton, Cranwell and Witton. You probably have more questions than I can answer on this, as all I speak to seem convinced that it hasn't been properly thought through, with moving the Sqn Boss to a building actually in the university area means purchasing / leasing more real-estate and this will eat into any cost savings, but -the monkeys at the top of this tree- state that it is not a cost saving measure but it is done to benefit the students, which I can sort of understand.

The studes will now get up to 10 hours a year AEF effectively and it will be run more like an OTC, emphasis on AT, leadership etc. So the pressures of completing EFT and a degree wont exist. I just hop we can still recruit. Because last year, in my opinion (and it is only mine) we struggled to get all the slots filled with "the right sort". Some just didn't turn up for interview etc. But the "monkeys at the top of this tree" say recruitment is not a problem.

So it can't be, can it!

Mach 2.2. Point taken......................................