PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TVSA under new management
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 04:18
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cobber,

I will never be able to join you at Qantas for reasons that I have no control over. However you will continue to see me at airports working very, very closely with Qantas.

I find it perplexing that some people who work at Qantas, find it hard to grasp the concept that people could be happy elswhere.

My position does not define who I am, my job is exactly that, a job, something I do and whilst I am totally dedicated to it and dearly love flying, it certainly does'nt make me who I am. It is what I achieve in other areas of my life that makes me who I am. Contentment in life cannot be measured in dollars and cents, nor on the view from ones "office" however spectacular that may be.

I once had the pleasure of meeting Neil Armstrong and despite his achievements as an aviator he exhibited humility like no other, so why is it people with limited experiences, who just happen to fly jets, feel the need to extol the virtues of their position to others?

Next time you look out the window of your 767, look down, I'll be parked under the wing of your 767, be sure and wave, you'll be able to spot me, I'll be the one grinning from ear to ear.

Enjoy your flight this arvo and if your heading to Melbourne, I'll see you there.

Cheers, HH.

PS: Back on topic, I must agree with you on one thing, from people I know who have had dealings with them, Alaska is not far enough away...

Last edited by Howard Hughes; 15th Jul 2005 at 04:45.