PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Euro Experience
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2005, 01:04
BCASFlyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face No Euro Experience

I am hoping some people might be willing to help me out with some advice or suggestions.

I'm currently living over in Canada, and am a King Air 200 Medevac Captain. I have 2250 hours and a Canadian ATPL, I also have a Boeing 737-200 Type Rating. Unfortunately, here in Canada, it takes a long time to get to a place where you can fly any kind of jet (WestJet - 4000 hours, etc.), or get to a place where you can actually have a real career.

I just turned 24 years old and I have a 4 year degree (Business), and my E.U. Passport - I also speak English and basic/conversational French

I'd love to come over, but I have not been able to find anything - I only have a growing pile of rejection letters. I hear so much about people getting on jets with 500 hours, B737 Captains at the age of 24/25, etc. and it is frustrating to know that while I've been flying for 5 years here in Canada, I'm just spinning my wheels as compared to other countries.

I don't have any idea where to go from here. I'd like to get my JAR Licences, but don't know what would be required, and/or who I should be talking to. I have a limited amount of information in respect to getting my licence validated, but nothing really too helpful to go on.

Does anyone have any advice that they could pass on? Any companies that would consider me? I would really like to get the opportunity to live in and experience Europe (and get out of Canada before the frigid winter temperatures hit - although I have heard that Russian companies are crying for people and would consider it to get some jet time).

I look forward to hearing from anyone. Thank you very much.

Cheers.