PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apache - The Scotsman Strikes Again
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2005, 20:26
PoorPongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying the beers

AHQHI:

1. My boss certainly doesn't want to be buying the beers for every aircrew mate who makes 15 hrs a month. His - no doubt lofty - wages wouldn't stretch to buying for about 80% of them every month. (If you don't believe come and look at the flying rates on our currency computer).

2. Buying the beers occasionally for a good job done isn't pish poor - its leadership. Delivering a full house is hard work and an occasional pat on the back works wonders. And delivering 8 out of 8 every day isn't 'just their job' which is the point. Taking a 'them and us' attitude to supporting the REME in delivering us the aircraft we need certainly ain't gonna help. It's actively working together with them and letting them know that their efforts matter that consistently delivers us at least 2 and often more. (6 out of 6 two days this week with 4 and a spare from 6 the other 2 days).

I certainly wouldn't want to say that life in an Attack Sqn is without it's problems. But where I am - despite the hard work required by all - we are flying quite reasonable rates and doing some good value training. Generally much more focused and appropriate than on previous types.

By the way, good job on the boat. Clearly a very professional job from everyone concerned.

Sorry, just edited to say that although I'm not in the full loop on this, the outline put forward by Low Ball (I know who you are, LB, BTW ) look pretty much like how our business is planned (in painful detail) a long way in advance.