PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendant Movie
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2005, 17:53
DanteDepaula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, I totally respect your opinion. My feeling is this - there are so many different types of flight attendants. I have flown with such a huge range of people that I would have a difficult time saying "Flight attendants are like this________."

I think my affection for "The Aviary" is in the fact that the people living in the house are all so different. I agree that the character, Portia, is a bit of a fluff but the other two women certainly are not (in my opinion). On my very last commute, one of the flight attendants showed off her ring to me. She had just become engaged to a first officer the night before. She then told me that she would be quitting her job as an FA in the next month. I didn't pass judgement on her for that. I feel that "The Aviary" does the same thing. Comments on the life of the flight attendants without passing judgement.

I also am a huge fan of the anonymity theme and the sometimes very lonely life of a flight attendant.

I guess, to be expected, my experience as an FA might be different than yours. I really related to this film. I guess some people won't , we are all different and that is part of why I love the job.

I think it's fair to say that some FA's will identify with it and some will not. I'm one who did.