PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apache - The Scotsman Strikes Again
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2005, 08:27
Front Seater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Ball,

You are surely not suggesting an Attack Helicopter Force (AHF) just like Joint Force Harrier, Support Helicopter Force, Commando Helicopter Force etc. Let all those with Direct Entry AAC careers raise their hands to the heavens!

I agree with you Low Ball-totally. I too was a victim in the Lynx debacle and am fed up with not achieving currency or comptency and to make matters worse I can't even keep skills going in the Sim as I am too busy doing ground runs and airtests.

I think it will happen anyway to be honest, a potential move of all AH to Wattisham will see the formation of an AH Force that will despatch AH where and when required (sorry 16 Air Asslt-you had a try, now hand over the toys to the rest of the military!). This will revolve in the pooling and central control of these assets to ensure that (for example) all the 300 hour servicing doesn't happen at the same time in the same Sqn or after 4 years of knowing that AH was going to sea all 4 of the embarked AH go in for anti corrosion mods at the same time - that kind of last minute . dom doesn't happen anymore-does it?

Still looking for your crate Low Ball - breakfast beers always the best. Personally Stellar rather than Heinekin!

Oh, and I haven't got a clue who you are - you are talking sense but remember you are protected at Wallop and why not come and spend some time with us (in barracks or on exercise) to get a feel of what life is like. Then you may be able to meld the expectations and reality of the trg environment with that of Regtl duty in the AH era.

Last edited by Front Seater; 14th Jul 2005 at 09:38.