PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM hiring?
Thread: KLM hiring?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2005, 22:43
LLuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are trying to keep the F50 division healthy, so they are looking on short term for:
-TRE/TRI ratings
-Management background (navy, air force, airliner)
-Technical background (test-pilot, engineers)

People who can become in one to three years chief-pilot, instructor, chief-instructor, technical pilot, captain, etc...

I left out the Fokker 50 rating because I know they will value it, since it will relax the training for the candidate, but they won't mind giving a full TQ either if they believe you can be a good captain/manager within the period they need you.

They also have requirements for age, education (university entrance level), etc, but deficiencies can be forgiven when they see a candidate who could be 'the one' which makes it for a lot of people a once-in-a-lifetime possibility to enter KLM from the free market.

And for the non-Dutch speakers. English is absolutely mandatory (Avoid spelling/grammar/style mistakes in your application, make it the perfect letter!!) Ofcourse you must be *willing to learn* Dutch...this sounds tough, but spoken conversation is sufficient. You won't need a NT2 diploma or anything remotely difficult.

I don't believe the stories of Dutch captains sending co-pilots home because they don't speak Dutch. There have *always* been co-pilots and captains who didn't speak Dutch. And it is difficult to believe that the (Finnish) chief-pilot would appreciate this behaviour. Then again things may have changed the passed 3 years???