PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Distance Learning
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2005, 22:11
Funkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MikeAlphaBravo

I have been doing exactly what you are planning to do for the last 6/7 months, using the course offered by Bristol.

You do not say what you do for a living at present, nor your travel time to/from work or your living arrangements. To be honest, I’m not that interested, but these should be taken into account when thinking about available study time. You my have considered this already, but working for 8hrs and assuming a travelling time of 1 hour, by the time you get home, clean the flat/house, cook dinner then tidy-up, 8pm is knocking on the door before you’ve lifted a book. You need to be motivated, which you appear to be.

I try to study for 4 hours every evening Mon-Thurs, but sometimes I’m just too tired! Friday night is my go mad night, with Saturday afternoon and evening being allocated for studying. I try to fly on Sundays in the share I have – if you don’t use it your wasting money. Planning is all fair and well, but few things appear to go to plan in aviation..!

Have you seen a copy of the notes provided by OAT? If not, make sure you do. I can recall seeing a set of technical notes, with diagrams which looked like they had been photo copied a number of times – very poor! The Bristol package is fantastic, with online support, a course management application, CBT or typed notes with colour diagrams on robust paper.

Remember, OAT is an integrated school with their interest firmly placed in that market. I have always said that if going Modular, stick only with Modular schools.

Best of luck.

Funkie