PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has airport security worked?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2005, 19:44
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This does make an interesting point.
Do we need airport style security at all forms of public transport; every bus stop, train station, coach stop, underground halt the cost is incredible. Is it necessary. It could be. But is this a paranoid atttitude, surely. Surely???!!??. Is this the life that we will now have to endure forever, possibly.
Many years ago someone made the statement "...the enemy within..."?! It now appears we have '...the enemy within...' and the strike may not be through the air... but anywhere.
I still remember standing in a queue at LHR and this guy in front (British-Jewish) said "this is all because of 9/11, Tel Aviv, no problems," to which I retorted,"OK, so all British Bobbies can shoot on sight", no comment followed.
Not wishing to cause offence to anyone but the UK has gone through this before, but our memories are short. Not too long ago the IRA were blowing up the baltic Exchange, Manchester, Enniskillene, Brighton, Caterham... the list is endless, is it just we cannot identify the attacker now?
At least with Airport security all are treated the same or spontaneously, it is all random, so I understand? I have bleeped through the 'hoop' and have no metal on me at all, so...?