PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Les Maikes, aka Duke Elegant revisited (Merged)
Old 12th Jul 2005, 09:15
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am reeling from an amazing co-incidence.

I saved a docu that was shown last week on Ch5. It was about an Air Transat A330 that ran out of fuel over the Atlantic in 2001 and through great skills the pilots glided to a landing at Lajes in the Azores.

I watched it this morning and left it just about 15 minutes ago.

The events which led to the near disaster were man made by Mx who fitted incompatible parts on a new engine. The pilots made two errors which did contribute to the loss of fuel but two other erroneous readings caused them to believe that the computers were at fault. However, this is not to tell you about something you probably know about.

It is to say that two thirds through the programme the problems created by faulty MX were further explained, very lucidly, by our friend Lu Zuckerman! I think I can say I was a bit gobsmacked It was a joy to see him and I now know I would recognise him if I ever saw him. He clearly knows his stuff and explained the fault without a hint of blame, just pure cause and effect. Explanations don't get any better.

Good to see you Lu. Give F****** Sydney a good kicking and get better mate.

I am sure we all feel very sad for Lu and his family in view of the latest news from his daughter.

PPP