PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2005, 07:04
Stereolab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japjok,

Dude, your runnin' yer mouth and droppin' my name on this thread as if I visit the Yasukuni-jinja everyday like Koizumi...and drive around in those beat-up black vans waving around "okii" rising sun flags.

In the past, I called you out on these posts because you whine about how HORRIBLE IT IS TO WORK FOR THE JAPANESE, yet I bet you can't even speak Japanese. Try WORKING in America or the U.K. and see how well your treated w/o being fluent in English...same situation, different country. I knew tons of Britts who were software programmers in the United States and they were getting exploited by their employers as well..with the promise of fresh green cards at the end of their contract. So, this has nothing to do with the Japanese being racist...it's called capitalism (yes I agree it's wrong). You are foriegn labor. Your an immigrant. Your a MINORITY. You don't like it...leave...or stay and try to learn the language. Without fluency, there can be no improvements in worker relations.

There are plenty of Japanese companies that hire gaijins and they are treated even better than nihonjin. Maybe, the reason why all of you JAPAN HATERS get mistreated is because your mistrust and negative attitude towards their culture reflects on your personality and behavior when dealing with lifes everyday pitfalls and problems. When living in one's own respective HOME COUNTRY, one can get screwed over everyday...from your employer, the bank, the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker. When this happens, do you call the culture racists? No.
You can change the situation. The teachers union here in Japan are working on improving foriegn worker relations as we speak. The difference between their attitude and your attitude, Japjok, is that they respect the culture and have a working level fluency in Japanese. Of course, if the situation were reversed, and this injustice was happening in the U.K. and United States, we would demand english fluency of foriegn labor when trying to initiate a LEGAL CHANGE IN THE SYSTEM.

How about working in America Japjok? Suuuuuuure, there's NO RACIAL DISCRIMINATION in AMERICA...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Japan is far from perfect....but I see just about the same amount of injustice happening to foreign labor in the E.U. and the United States. When you guys are back home, it doesn't affect you...so you ignore it, or maybe your one who hates immigrants coming over to YOUR own home country. See the double standard?

When I run into a stumbling block here, I try to be courteous and try to speak as much Japanese as possible in order to resolve the situation. You want the Japanese to respect you Japjok?
Try this...

LEARN THE LANGUAGE!!!