PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF S/O salary??
Thread: QF S/O salary??
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2005, 02:32
Skypatrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, let's not throw stones at those who are paid well in our industry when so much of our industry is being dragged down with conditions/pay and now paying for endorsements. In many ways QF conditions should be aspired to, not knocked down. We all work very hard and sacrifice a lot to put up the $$ to set out on a career, then if we're lucky get a job that pays near the dole to slug your guts out in GA for years working for peanuts so secreatries can get paid more than a GA pilot. Now of course when the dream of an airline job is realised, Virgin come in and cut conditions, make you pay for endorsement with J*, eastern following suit. How many GA pilots have that cash lying around? None! I admire my mates in GA for pulling their applications out from these airlines in protest. It's a disgrace! Anyone in airline management heard of a bond???? Surely a 5 year bond would be a much better system. As useless as AIPA seem, that is one issue I'm sure they and all QF pilots wouldn't let happen in QF.

Anyway, as a 1st year 767 S/O (rotating) I grossed (incl allowances) $90K in my 1st year whilst mates on the 400 earned $20K more. I payed more in tax that year than I earned in the previous year in GA! Now as a F/O $135K which is still down on 400 S/O's, however overtime kicks in for them. Yes it is unfair that S/O's are paid more then F/O's but it's a reasonably complicated system and I'd rather be flying, than in the back seat "waiting for the dust to settle" ...... However, a 400 S/O with same seniority earns $10K more than me is ridiculous, but I don't advocate giving him a paycut!!!