PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Judas Balpa CC at EZY!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2005, 21:13
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slim20

Your suggestion is irresponsible and totally unprofessional. At a a time of staggeringly high oil prices your idea, if carried out long-term accross an airline, might lead to possible redundancies due to excessive financial pressure. Deliberately throwing away profit most certainly would not get you a pay rise!

Stu and others

Balpa didn't introduce TRSS. Balpa didn't negotiate it 'in'. It was intruduced as a company scheme and applicants took up the deal. It's not our deal but many have said that they would not have a job if it had not been for the scheme. I don't like it personally but why are so many doing it??

Whether or not you believe it (and I lnow you won't because it would ruin your argument) but your payrise last year would have been non-existent without Balpa. That's fact whether you like it or not so you can argue percentages from now till doomsday but I know what happened in the talks and, clearly, you do not.

We published the details but you obviously chose not to read it or not to believe it.

The CC spend much of their own time trying to protect what little we have. Sometimes it's a battle royal to maintain the status quo.

What we can always rely on is that there will always be someone, who personally has done square root of FA but knows more (without being there) does more (without lifting a finger) promises more (without understanding a thing) and shouts about it all day!

Bokkenrijder

Yes we appear to be from different planets. Your views do not seem to match the majority but i should apparently bow to your wishes.

As regards the survey.......no! But i would suggest that everyone avail themselves of a suitable financial appraisal of the airline business for the the present and the educated guesswork for the next 6-12 months and then look at the survey again.

The CC did the work and that's why we came to a different conclusion.

However, we will act on the results. This is a democracy - even if you don't agree.

I'll quit this thread now but happy to continue on the new Balpa forum - (which is working perfectly well by the way and has been since Thursday!)