PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Say what you like.......we rock!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2005, 20:14
Impiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Many to Choose From ....

The choice is of course virtually endless but that's what happens when you spend a lifetime on detachment turning money in to memories!

For me the Falklands on Christmas Eve 1984 will always be a special night. We strapped an upright piano to back of the cab of a four tonner and found a schoolie to play it. With the tilt rolled up on both sides and hurricane lamps attached to each upright the ensembled male voice choir of 1435 Flt (aka Wimpdet) started by serenading Hardet and Alberts Landing to gather together the best carol singers in the Southern Hemisphere.

The Bedford Funbus then toured the outposts of RAF Port Stanley, the Hospital, Lookout Camp and down-town Stanley and like a snowball gathered more and more choristers along the way.

I think Peter de le B de le C was still the Military head honcho and welcomed us into his residence and then we continued for mince pies and more at Rex Hunt's house.

Not sure where we finished but do remember checking in for duty on Christmas Day hoping to heck that there would be no need to fly

Many other glorious times and not always when the worse for wear - given my time again I'd do all the same stupid things but sooner and more often - enjoy it while ye can