PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pension Scheme
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2005, 14:30
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DPH,

I agree that the idea of a roadshow, though to be welcomed, is problematic unless it can be uniformly delivered to everyone, which I doubt. Whilst I would thank Impiger for his post, it seems a little unfair if those who happen to be working in MoD at the critical time have the benefit of a roadshow, and a demonstration of the calculator, which is not afforded to everyone else.

OKOC,

I have to sympathise with the position taken on advice. The administrators can tell you how the system works, but they are not qualified to give you personal financial advice.

Covec,

The lifetime pension limit to be produced within the "A-Day" rules is, I believe, about £1.5M. This refers to the size of the investment fund which provides your personal pension. The AFPS, just like the National Insurance "Fund", is not a fund at all. There is no pot of money. Your income stream is paid from current Treasury spending via the MoD pay and pensions bill. I don't think you have anything to fear. Enjoy your huge new PAS pension (but spare a thought for the rest of us!)

Regards

Ginseng