PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cheap aussie labour #3
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2005, 09:39
relax737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humility from kaptin M????? Admitted he was wrong? It must be an aberration; maybe not correct spelling.

I NEVER thought you were anything but human, in fact generally somewhat less than human. You wwould do well to check on points you wish to comment on before doing so. I knew what I posted on becaue I went for an interview butr refused to accept that I should be paid less than a local.
Woomera yo u are quite right. Perhaps it wasn't pl;aying completely clean, but it s no more than KM has don e on numerous occasions, or had his henchmen do the dirty work for him and attracted not a whimper from you.

Back to the cheap Aussie Labour though. I can't understand you guy selling your souls. You are paid a lot less than the Japanese pilots for the same job, and I m told by any number of guys there that you tolerate atrocious maintenance standards and that the locals couldn';t fly a kite in a 40 knot northerly.
My pride would not allow me to do it whatever the price. I'd rather work for nptghing and retain my pride and sense of decency.

I suggest you do what you were advocating prior to the start of jet* and that was boycott Jet* and they would up the price. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander it appears or is it just hypocrisy. Perhaps so. The Japanese aviation market is desperate for pilots and you are selling yhourselves short and you are better than the locals. You do this whilst criticising Australiaan pilots for not holding out for more. Bizarre would be a good word for such conduct.

The gentlemen's agreem nt is an archaic concept that shouldn t have survived to this day and I notice you blame the $cab pilots for changin g it. Why does that not surprise me.

The gentlemen's agreement for those not in the know is an undertaking apparently between Japanese airline managements not to poach eachother's pilots. I was told when I went for a Skymark interview that it would not apply because it's outlived its usefulness (if it ever had usefulness) a bit like the ridiculous incessant bowing.

Woomera I don't know where you fit in aviation, but I can assure you the airlines have already won. They pay less than they should, partlybecause of recruiting companies, partly because of the stupididty of the pilkots themselves so I'm not sure what you re getting at when you say the airlines will win if the pilots themselves are in conflict.
The fact that they've won doesn't please me but with (in Australian aviation) Australian Airlines and jetstar, and of course Virgin (whose chief p[ilot started it all by screwing the pilots and that fter being 'solid'during the 89 debacle) the horse has already bolted.

Australian aviation will never be the same; the best days are gone and that's not an y different from many other professions/ occupations. It's a whole new era, unfortunately.

Incidentally Kaptin thanks for reporting my last post so that it attracted the attention of Woomera; onde of the few things you are good at and particularly when you are put under some heat. Does that make you a dobber? maybe so.

It would still be interesting if you revealed why you deleted the orginal thread in its entirety. I know, but the rest of the world s ppruners might enjoy hearing.

Last edited by relax737; 10th Jul 2005 at 23:15.