PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Say what you like.......we rock!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2005, 02:08
Bob Viking

Received 568 Likes on 159 Posts
Say what you like.......we rock!!!

I have just got in from the summer ball a lot earlier than I would have liked, because the missus wasn't feeling very well and insisted we go home!!
I thought that since I'm not nearly as drunk as I would like to have been, I would turn the computer on and see what was new in the world of pprune.
I had a good read and then got to thinking that if it wasn't for the RAF then I might have been in bed ages ago.
Now, I'm not an old fuddy duddy but I reckon that no matter what some people may say, we have it pretty good in her Majesty's forces.
I, personally, would love to have stayed up alot longer and got a hell of a lot more drunk than I am right now, but I still reckon I had a good night.
This leads me to ask one simple question.
What is the best night out, that you have had since you have been in the Armed Forces?
I am quite drunk and this probably doesn't make much sense and I will probably look at this in the morning and wonder what the hell I was doing, but without descending into the usual inter-service slagging match lets all just tell good old fashioned stories of how great life is in the military!!!
For me personally, some of my greatest nights out have come whilst on detachment, but I will wait for some responses before I bother revealing anything!
I look forward to your stories and I'm sorry if this just reads like the ramblings of an old drunken fool!!!
BV