PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2005, 14:51
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Dearne
I hated Maggie and ilk. She was the one that started all this consumer value crap in the first place, by selling off the family silver, shutting down the mines and buying coal from abroad, so do not call me an a*se licking Thatcherite.!!
If you had read my post carefully you would have realised that I consider capitalist exploitation to be abhorrent. But Jumpseater sums up the consumer attitude quite well with his support of 3 7year olds on a grain of rice for his smart trainers.
Why then, if aviation is so environmentally friendly, is it recognised as one of the greatest polluters of the earth! How many litres of Avtur (which is just a purer form of deisel) does your average holiday charter use per flight 5-6,000? What happens to all the particulates, the benzene the CO2, the CO, the soot etc, I know, the good fairy magics it away of course I had forgotten about that, silly me. Watch a plane take off and look at the crap that comes out of the exhaust and once up look at all the con-trails they are not clouds but pollution.
Not saying ban flying, just wish people would admit it that's all.

Or is Bush right, global warming is just a state of mind. Personally I do not believe anything 'the chimp' says, when I can understand what he is burbling on about that is.