PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2005 Fire Season
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2005, 14:42
Capt Hollywood
I'll get me coat......

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bellytank,

The DSE in Vic brought in that requirement about two years ago. We hired a company to provide a course for all our fire season pilots in a classroom setup, I think it was only a one day course. I'm sure someone in your neck of the woods would be able to provide a course, especially if a whole group of pilots are going to require one before the end of the year.

Oogle, I'd have to agree. I don't recall walking away from the course with any profound sense of valuable knowledge gained. Most of the heli's, with the exception of the Erickson, only have one pilot on board so Crew Resource Management isn't really an issue................. or did I miss something at the course! Our course consisted of watching a few videos about aircraft crashes caused by pilot error and then discussions on how the crash could have been avoided had the crew worked with each other more effectively. This was followed by a roll playing exercise to show how using your crew effectively can lead to a safer and more productive flight. I found a lot of it to be made up of lessons in common sense!

Enjoy your course!

Cheers,

Hollywood

Last edited by Capt Hollywood; 9th Jul 2005 at 14:56.