PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2005, 08:49
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumpseater,
It is exactly what the passenger wants, that is my point. They want to fly for all. In the ScunnyT the other day; following that 'daft as a brush' article about 'Lincolnshire International', their reporter went out on thestreet to get 'opinions' one theme that was apparent
"it's a good idea because we will get cheaper flights...!!!" What the are these people on.
And only the previous day in the ScunnyT there was an article that (if one straight-line depreciates the numbers) indicated an aircraft produces 13,000 Tonnes of CO2 per flight on a 1000-1500 mile route. I have seen these figures before (The Saturday Times, no less), so let's all say " the environment, just give us cheap flights, so we can enjoy exploiting cheap countries, before we turn the world into a huge great rubbish tip full of our 'throw away society' crap"
Bring on the £1.99 flight to JFK, they will sell like hot cakes.
Oh not forgetting the 10p burger brought to you by courtesy of a few murdered pygmies (who no-one gives a for anyway) and a bit of rain-forest, it's OK I will plant some Cyprus Leylandia to assuage my conscience.
And of course must have those 1p trainers with the flash name on, brought to you by 3, illiterrate 7 year olds working for a grain of rice a day.
That is what cheap is all about.