PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2005, 08:05
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Inconsistencies

7006 wrote
'I have got nothing against lo-co, just wish it was not visualised as the be all and end all of aviation'
Yet a few posts earlier had written,
'I have lost count of the number of, for clarity, I shall refer to them as full service flights, I have taken. As to charter, I spent 4 hours in a seat designed for someone of 4'6" not 6', suprised I did not get DVT. Cheapie flights? Being treated like cattle, free for all seats, travellers in various states of inebriation/undress, vulgar uncooth behaviour, inumerous delays, people thinking it is clever to be the last one on and expecting applause from the other pax -motor-coach travel is more appealing.'
So that'll be an unbiased opinion then based on one lo-co flight and one charter......

I would call LHR-VIE-LHR @ £150 on time each way with Austrian good value full service (hot meal, newspaper and drinks included)
I would call DSA-PRG-DSA @ £140 with delays on "lo-co" a mug's game. (there is a golden rule...you don't get something for nothing...).
And you're not comparing like with like are you?, why not? What and where en-route, was the reason behind the PRG delay? Were the routes flown identical? Why haven't you compared LHR-PRG? If the PRG delay is an arrival/departure restriction where is your operational advantage for your scheduled full service carrier over your lo-co scheduled carrier? Which European routes do you frequently travel on then?
Why not...coz BAA charge stack loads at peak time, well why shouldnt they? they're in business to make a profit!.
Would love to see HUY-LGW or DSA-LGW, erm theres the issue of available runway slots too, and I see you'd like a lo-cost feeder service (scheduled I presume) to LGW in a 1900T for £50.00, I was wondering if you were being serious, but reading that I realise you do have a sense of humour, bring it on matey....
Meanwhile back on planet earth there's a regional airport on the coast surrounded by airports with better facilities and bigger catchment areas, that people have to drive past to get to the airport on the coast, thats likely to remain a small regional airport....