PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 20:20
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you Terry, I unfortunately have to do the LHR slog on a regular basis, but that is where lthe 'daan saff' guys get the best of both worlds, shame we can't get the same up here.
I always wonder why, in a country so small, travel is fixated with LONDON -OK it is the Capital but from a business point of view there should be loads of little air shuttles flying about, such as A1 Airways and so forth buzzing about the skies. Why not...coz BAA charge stack loads at peak time. Would love to see HUY-LGW or DSA-LGW, because I would prefer a 1 hour flight in a 1900T than 4 hours in car, providing the costs were not astronomic, say £50 e/w?, what is that 10 pax e/w £500, would an airline make money, dunno pssibly Stelois or Micky could, no idea!
I want to see the area grow and get better, the possibility of reducing unemployment, creating new jobs and so forth is exciting, providing the airports work together , but there seems to be a political (Political) bias in the direction of S Yorks, is that because it is Yorkshire Forward, or Yorkshire 'and the Humber' I do not know, but N. Lincs tends to be considered as an 'add-on' by the NGO's.

Circseam,
the greasy spoon. Had a Fortnum's Hamper for Christmas once, I was so disappointed, the pate was tasteless, biscuits dry and so forth, so even with all that money things are not a success, but 'devil and deep blue sea' spring to mind.
I just know that should I use a lo-co, I will get delayed left right and centre (it is my destiny!). Like I go shopping and think 'err don't like that queue, I'll go here', then spend 20 minutes whilst each product from the person in front has to be itemised. Some of us are destined for that life

Last edited by 7006 fan; 8th Jul 2005 at 20:31.