PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 18:40
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Uniform Yankee

If that is the case, and it is all a mistake and an error, why is Humberside still on the XL web site with the same flights as is suggested are the new routes? I would have thought a professional organisation such as XL would continue to offer something they were not going to provide. it would surely be bad press for them to do so.
Amazing how everyone here knows what is happening at Humberside, more so than those 'in the know' at Humberside. When I have spoken to anyone 'in the' they have 'counted nothing in or out', but I do know they will not commit financial suicide just to fly people for less than nothing. (take a look at the Valuation Office web site, the airport has to find £300,000 for business rates and what do business rates do ...bogall, so who pays that!!!)
Tunisia is being advertised for 2006, and that one was dismissed by the great and good, and Tunisia has not been plastered all over the front page of the ScunnyT or HDM.
Maybe their method of selling is different to 'in your face'.?

Circseam,

I would call LHR-VIE-LHR @ £150 on time each way with Austrian good value full service (hot meal, newspaper and drinks included)
I would call DSA-PRG-DSA @ £140 with delays on "lo-co" a mug's game. (there is a golden rule...you don't get something for nothing...).
I have got nothing against lo-co, just wish it was not visualised as the be all and end all of aviation. Bit like going to Fortnum & Mason and saying their restaurant is crap because they don't do beans on toast for a £1, coz the greasy round the corner does!

Cheers Mike but...
You missed Tunisia!!
And of course the boring AMS to points global (Alaska to Australia, all connections within 1 hour's reach -which is quicker than driving to MAN!!!)

Last edited by 7006 fan; 8th Jul 2005 at 19:03.