PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 16:25
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
terrier

Good to have you back.

I'm guessing the EWR service was always intended to go to 5 a week in winter but this was not made clear at the outset whereas the new BFS-EWR route was. Furthermore, EDI-EWR went to 5 a week last winter despite very impressive loads in the summer.

BRS is the smallest airport in Great Britain with a daily scheduled service to the USA, so perhaps part of the marketing should stress that those US customers who have 'done' London might like to sample the experience of leaving the mega busy New York area to land the other side of the ocean in the midst of the English countryside in a civilised and uncrowded airport, with the glorious west country at their fingertips and with never the need to set foot (or car wheel) in any large city if they don't want to. And I'm only half joking.

The three new easyJet routes do seem promising with the company saying that over 50,000 seats have already been sold for them.

I note the June stats are on the airport website with 501,000 using the airport last month. Even charter passenger numbers are up 4% over June 2004, the second month in a row showing a small percentage year-on-year gain, following several months of falling numbers.

I can remember dear old Les Wilson being cock-a-hoop when 500,000 first used the airport in a year, and that can't be much more than twenty years ago.