PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growbags on ground-tours?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 16:20
tonkatechie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great thread...but don't we hear this sort of stuff everyday at work? Needless to say, I can't help but bite at a good bit of banter, so here goes....
Vim_Fuego
if I was to rock up on a day I was'nt down on the program to fly, wearing my freshly laundered and pressed no.2's, 80% of the time I would be driving back home within the hour to get into flying kit to fill in for the short fall of people at this cold, well to the North airbase.
Good God, I know you guys love flying (and yes I admit I am sometimes jealous of your job) but I had no idea that you do it for free! Send me your address and I'll order a locker and coat stand to hang your alternative clothing on.

Climebear
To be pedantic there is a difference, coveralls are not a order of uniform - flying suits are - no14 dress if my very trivial memory serves me correctly.
Excellent observation, no doubt it should also include some form of headdress, unlike the pilot I spotted in Dundee the other day. I might decide to wear my No1 uniform next week - I'm on leave, but my mum's so proud of my medal...

EESDL
you should have tried harder at school
Hooray! you win first prize for the best RAFism on the thread. A brilliant retort that can be used for any arguement. If anything, it demonstrates your unquestionable bravery - you tried hard at school, it all paid off and you get to fly around in a machine maintained by those who you deem academically inferior to you! My hero Don't worry, I won't come out with the old cliche that you can put a monkey into space, but he can't fix the rocket when it comes back! ( I just did, I should have paid more attention again.....)

Banter's great.