PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 15:24
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well what can I say - I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Crete and I log into find my diary still well and truly greased

Where do I start?

Firstly - welcome aboard squeaky - some of you may have guessed by the name that we share similar backgrounds. I was an air cadet at 1026 Ormskirk (I left about 5 years ago) and now he is too. I was a Civilian Instructor there for a short time, and that's how I know him. Good to see you finally flying buddy, tell us how it went and what you did (you know that now you have posted in here, you have to post for every flight, or I will come knocking on your door!)

Data - apologies for not being able to post something for you on the RT (I did a full writeup further back) however, I am thinking you have passed by the time I am writing this. Put it this way - your description of it was well advanced - and if you are at that standard, then no problems eh

Blinkz - I know you were looking forward to a solo flight post test - and even though you had problems - they all attribute to future learning and improvement.

rjt194 - thanks for your post mate - excellent to see your first solo, undoubtedly the best buzz in aviation. Hope you can keep us up to date on future lessons.

foreman - sounds like you experienced one of a few very smooth stalls - they become all together more interesting if you have a wing drop or the nose pitches forward a little quick as the centre of pressure shoots forward to the leading edge of the wing. Ask your instructor if he can demonstrate one. And don't worry about being rusty.............practice makes................. Thanks for your post mate.

Should be going flying on Wednesday with a chap from the school (not a lesson) and then as soon as I land a job (got a very promising interview next week) I can do my QXC (I promised at the start not to babble about personal things like jobs/money/babysitting etc so I will shut-up!

Overall I have had a pretty awesome week. Been on holiday, passed my Aircraft General with 92% (only got nav and planning left) and just found out today that I graduated with a 2:1. Sorry about this - I am kind of in gloat mode after such a massive relief

Thanks all - brilliant

Lee

Data - we have posted at the same time - very well done indeed (knew you would pass). It is very stressful at the time and I agree on the headache part - but very rewarding to hear that you have passed.

Me and Blinkz are always chatting on MSN (well, he may think otherwise ) so if you want you can PM me your address - that goes for anyone, we have about 3 or 4 people up to now