PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growbags on ground-tours?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 14:00
huge forkbender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeeze! Doesn't EESDL realise that without a 'Royal GROUND Force', as he put it, he wouldn't have got in the air.

Us 'groundies' fully appreciate our role is to support the delivery of Air power. It may not be as 'sexy' as you guys doing the flying but can be every bit as important.

EESDL. your arrogance, demeans those have spent their whole career enabling you and your flying colleages to do your job.

Fortunately, there are enough aircrew who do appreciate the value of what we do. Whether we are providing you with a recogised air picture, talkdown, a travel claim or a flying suit, you'd be lost without us.

As for when you should be allowed to wear your flying suit, I don't care. I'm glad you feel you've earned that right, good luck to you. We on the ground have also earned rights; the right to be valued for the work we do; the training we've had to go through (I can name a number of grounded aircrew who have struggled to qualify as a Weapons Controller!) and the right to be regarded as an integral part of the RAF.