PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why you should pay for your endorsement!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 09:45
YBRM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that pilots today have to part with BIG bucks to get type endorsements in 'large' companies is mind boggling. You may argue that these training costs are re invested back into the company. I say crap, and that these funds are used to fill the pockets of big arse execs. The employee is unlikely to get any real benefit apart from reduced pay and working conditions....I don't think anyone can deny this is the case in aviation today.

The bond system I do however agree with, but it needs to be a fair system. How companies can justify charging pilots for a turboprop endorsement the same as you would pay for a B737 just doesn't make sense to me. Charge for what the actual costs are to the company, not also try and make a profit out of his termination of employment.

If only managers could focus just a little more on looking after their employees and not just concentrating on max profits AND exploiting their staff with regard pay, you would find there would be a lot more stability as far as employees go (and less court cases . )