PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dynamics - N-per-rev Vertical Vibration
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2002, 08:27
Hovering in the Wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To: Nickii,

Thanks for the NASA site, it does indeed answer some Q's but not I think, as clearly cut and dried as some people may think.

Some Q's for you if you don't mind...

1. Is the theory you have described:

"The N per rev vibration is a natural effect of the blade's motion around the head, and is intrinsic, as is the 1 per rev resonance of the blade in flapping. The rotor delivers a "root shear" to the head that sums at the head to the n per rev vibration in the static system.",

that of Sikorsky's (I assume Jerry Abbey's) or your own??

2. Can you elaborate further your explaination of a 1 per being a function of the blade flapping?? I was always under the impression that a 1 per was a function of an out-of-blance condition.

3. By "root Shear" (luv that term), I assume you mean a transmission of energy from the blade to the mast (via the root obviously)???

4. Is this "shearing" a vertical or a lateral vibration??

5. In your experience (or Sikorskys view) what flight regime are n pers most noticeable???

6. In your ref:
"In the rotating system, this vibration has two components, at N+1 and N-1 per rev. In other words, an absorber attached to a 4 bladed rotor head will see 3 per rev and 5 per rev vibrations, and the transmission will see the sum of these two as a 4 per rev."

7. Finally, what CAUSES the vertical component and lateral component of the N per rev vibe (not N+1, N-1 vibe)??
Are you referring to the Bifilar as the absorber of in-plane N+1 & N-1 per rev vibes - I assume so - not the n per rev absorbers typically fitted to the airframe??

For Wunper,

I agree with your observations, but now some Q's if you don't mind,

1. At what flight regime/s do you smooth the n pers in the Lynx??

2. Therefore, at what flight regime are N pers most noticeable i.e. when are your aiframe absorbers working the most??

All for now....more to follow ....over.

Bulls**t Baffles brains