PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Employee's Roll Over
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2005, 00:34
Smokie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ham Phisted,
You took the words right out of my mouth.

RD,
Nobody has given 8 days up just yet. There has been a poll sent out that is all. Not by BALPA though but a company one, which no doubt will never reflect the true opinion anyway.
However, of the 2 options given neither were acceptable, we need a 3rd option.

If the company has decided that the taking 3 days off of us
( without our consent or even put to a ballot I might add) was such a resounding success, why do they need to take a further 5 from us?

The options were :-

1. To accept the new proposal of giving up 8 days DOIL to allow for a 3 day block every month and a further 3 day block if you work 6 consecutive days.
In addition, if you accept, then next year you will get an extra 2 days leave as a sweetner.

2. Go back to the old system.

There was no option to keep the system that they had already imposed on us by taking the 3 days from us in the first place.
On paper this "3rd option" would seem to work.
Although they have said that the practice of rostering a single day off would stop, it clearly has not, as many of my colleagues will testify and of course myself included.
I am also still being rostered 6 then 2.

What we need is a 5 and 3 or ideally a 4 and 4 like, Op's, Crewing and Engineering but that is unlikely to happen.

The question you all have to ask yourselves is :-
If it is such a good system then why would we have to be bribed into excepting an initial extra 2 days leave to give up 8 Doils?
The only winners will be the company and not the Pilots that's for sure.

Anyone excepting this deal deserves all they get.

Newbies Beware, don't get suckered in like you did the paydeal.

Last edited by Smokie; 11th Jul 2005 at 02:17.