PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2001, 11:25
Thud_and_Blunder

Smile

Rotorbike,

Absolutely no offence taken - I understand your point entirely. If I were to cherry-pick some highly desirable job yearned after by a young up-and-comer and win it because I was prepared to take a lower salary, I would deserve the misanthropy that came my way. Notwithstanding the paramount need to look after my family properly, I think I have enough fellow feeling for brother (and sister..) heli aviators to make sure I don't widdle on anyone's chips.

My comments were in part aimed at informing the other UK military aviators who read this thread that it is possible to be quite well off and still work for Betty. Bear in mind I'm being paid (I don't say earning...) double what the originator is currently getting. They might also like to bear in mind that for the period of time spent on Loan Service they are unlikely to be hoofed around anywhere near as badly as they are back on the Mudbank. I've only had 2 days away from home on duty in the past 2.5 years, for example - even the SARboys do more than that, for Pete's sake... Oh, and my post's up for grabs in September - read those SRO notices fellas.

Now, as one of the replies stated earlier, I'm looking at finding work in a part of the world of MY, not the RAF's, choosing. Don't know precisely where yet - off on a couple of job-hunting trips over the next few months. Inhabitants of the Brisbane/Melbourne area can expect the odd enquiry while we're there in May...