PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Judas Balpa CC at EZY!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2005, 15:07
In Tiffanys trousers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point is, in this case, the "interview process". The gentleman in question requested that the interview took place outside the easyjet enviroment, away from the LPL office, in secrecy. This request was accepted.

The gentleman concerned also failed to advise the CC or its chairman of his intent. While I agree that it is anybodys right to pursue a management position, probably he should have at least advised the CC chairman, and disqualified himself from CC meetings during the process.

By going this route, and getting the company to agree, he has left his integrity open to question, when purporting to represent pilots. Especially if you take a quick look at his original manifesto when first standing for CC election.

You don't have to be Einstein to work out that when things get tough in future negotiations, given that his application was unsuccesful, that he will be the target of " a nod and a wink", from those on the other side of the table. "New management position coming up N....., we need to get this through" etc etc.

Well done GoodShipLollipop for "outing him". I hope many will take notice with his candidacy for re-election in the near future.

It is not only the pilots in easy who have benefited from the success in the past of the pilots CC. the "knock on" effect has helped many of us in the Orange Castle as well.