PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AsA v's CivilAir EBA
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2005, 07:24
Ali Bin Somewhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Jnr great to see you again and as always you make an excellent point.

I just have to ask myself if 2hrs operational, 1/2 hr planner, 1/2hr break then start again shouldn't earn me better digs then Najda St. Going home and living in nice house with clean streets, safe roads, no rats/roaches, prompt service, peace and quiet, modern equipment etc etc sounds tempting at times.

But then again its not like we are a busy FIR or anything so what am I complaining about. And hey, whats a few roaches and mouldy curtains between friends. Filthy streets full of people spitting and urine in the lifts build character. Its these things that make working for &^$#@ not just "good but great".

duknweeve & uncommon sense

As for the essential services rules there are ways and means around them.

Work to rule. Follow every stupid timewasteing rule that management have ever come up with.

Go slow. Instead of working your arse off getting a sequence in by vectors put everyone in the hold. Its worked in other countries a treat.

No O/T ED's. From what I hear it's short staffed on most sectors so enmass refuse extra duties.

Hit them where it hurts. If the customer complains then something will be done. All the time they are happy and Joe Public gets where they are going with minimal delays no one will give a rats about the poor little ATCO's.

Or just get in quick now and let the public know whats going on. I have been scanning the online papers for info on the EBA and nothing in them. Civilair PR doing a top job again.

But the problem with all these things and negoiations in general is that EVERYONE has to stick together. Unity is what makes you strong and despite all the retoric it has been sadly lacking from the last 2 EBA sagas. And before you say we were united lets give the example of FPC pay for FPC work. That was a non-negotiable point that got negotiated away, is still not resolved and looks to be in the EBA's forever.

OK have had my rant now but one last thought. The more they split you up with things like, FPC pay for you and not for you, ERB for you and not for you, career progression for your group as you are flush with staff but not for you as we can't spare you, the less power you hold as a union. AsA has done an excellent job of splitting the workers over basic issues. I just hope that its not too late to unite and stand up as one big group instead of many little ones.