PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB Report Failed landing gear struts 21Jun04 tech analysis + pictures
Old 7th Jul 2005, 00:28
up and go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not close to the source, However I have researched the Incident being discussed. There are in fact Ad's applicable to the Landing gear, not specific to the area in question you are correct there.

The scheduled 300 hour inspection calls for an inspection of this area...there is no question about that.

I am merely pointing out that a company who touts themselves as being accident free, operating with a safety culture second to none, Has infact broken the rules and paid the consequences...they are still able to procure large government contracts that our tax money pays for.

Isnt it fair to question their integrity, the basis for covering up illegal modifcations is usually based on a company culture towards maintenance, this is a proven fact.

To discuss this in an open forum is the only way people are able to gauge for themselves the intregrity of a company.
These guys are not at the lower end of helicopter flying they are at the top...their standards and practices should reflect this.