PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 6th Jul 2005, 21:05
Dolly with brains!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its nice to see that industry by way of 'safetypee' are up to their ususal games of misinforming everyone.

Lets look at the facts:

1. Crews are reporting neurological problems and Exxon Mobil and other lubricant manufacturers admit they have never tested their products for any effect less than OPIDN, they have NEVER tested for Chronic Neurotoxic effects and NEVER tested the effects of their product heated and inhaled by test animals (except crews and passengers).

2. UK CAA admit in their 2004 paper they have not look at long term effects.

3. The organophosphate TCP has been found on the walls of the cockpit, on pilots trousers in HEPA filters and in roof top filters (Chris van Netten BALPA conference, London 2005)

4. CAA and AAIB are protecting British Industry i.e. British Aeropace and not crews and the passengers. T&G, ITF, BALPA and IPA all accept crews crews are sick, but CAA DEAF!

5. British pilot union BALPA conference of May 2005 concluded crews are sick.

So stop the lies and listen to the facts. Crews and passengers are sick when filters could have been fitted to protect them. My best friend is also UK cabin crew and she is sick and her employer has accepted liability on a fume exposure.

When I smell fumes I tell any passenger who asks exactly what the smell is what they are being exposed to as the pilots are too scared to do so.