PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Les Maikes, aka Duke Elegant revisited (Merged)
Old 6th Jul 2005, 19:27
lyneco32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lu 's collection

Hello, my name is Lyne and I'm Lu daughter
My father has a very big collection and I will try to get pictures to post to you , he had made a full closet of glass and he has about 300 to 500 airplanes and pictures and very amusing memories .
I've being trying to encourage him to put down all his memories on papers so he can edit them .I'm sure a lot of peoples would be interested in reading about all of his experiences.
My father is a fighter and a very courageous man, his wisdom is great, his tenderness is the best thing that I have.
Let me tell you a story about Lu.
I've meet him in the beginning of the 90's, he was here in Canada for work on a contrat for about 6 months, I was his hairdresser and one day I was showing pictures of my family(mother, brother& friend) ,he was sitting on my chair and then he saw a picture of my mother, asked who she was and wanted to meet her, so that same night I called my mother told her about what Lu said and then the next day gave my mother phone # to Lu.
They meet and 1 year later got married and Lu stayed here with us.(I'm still waiting for my 10% of commission) ha ha ha joke with Lu.Then I started calling Lu "my almost Daddy")
When I've learned about Lu illness, I was thrown out of my chair,
having lost my real father in 2000 of lung cancer, Lu became for me a different kind of father.
Life gave me the opportunity to have both side of having a father.
I love my real father but Lu showed me the other side, the side of being kind, tender, loving, wise in his response , no judging of his part for anything but giving really good advise and the most important just caring and respecting what we have to say and when ruff times arrived just taking me in his arms and allowing me to cry and have a shoulder.
During his first treatment, Lu asked me to become his daughter , I'm so privilegous, it is a honnor for me to be call his daughter.
And his heart is so big and so honest that no words are good enough to express what he means to me and my family.
His is there always to encourage us and his grandkids to do the best that we can that now it is our turns just to be there for him and encourage him to fight this illness(f...you Sidney).
With out him knowing what he means in my life, I would like to honnor him and let you know what a wonderful human being he is.
I pray for his recovery and long life with all of us .Because we all need to learn more good thing from him.