PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Murad Ismail / Interlink in the Dock
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2005, 19:26
boomarang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodgy Ops ... Dodgy Finance

I hear Interlink's finances must becoming increasingly dodgy as well, what with the need to refund the SAPS and Correctional Services their reported R3.5m already handed over to Murad "Shaiky" Ismail.

Who knows what the SAPS will still do about their other costs which was squandered through this episode, reported in the Beeld on 1 July as having totaled R10m!

Meanwhile he has to contend with the aircraft lessors, who if my understanding of the industry is correct, will demand anything between 100%-30% of their fee for a flight cancelled on the scheduled day of departure.

A DC-10 lease: FAJS-CYQB-FAJS for 2 weeks? must have been a decent amount of money involved.

Moreover, Interlink's cashcow, the Department of Home Affairs repatriation of illegals must vanishing into thin air, what with the same aircraft lessor withdrawing all their DC-9's from Interlink Operations, the resultant option of using much more expensive leased aircraft from Safair, not to mention the SAPS speaking to DHA about their experiences and Murad "Shaiky" Ismails arrest by the scorpions for fraud and corruption.

All in all not too rosy a picture for Interlink and we all know what follows financial strain in the aviation industry ... safety goes out the window, if it ever was a feature in Interlink's operations.

I wonder what the licensing council will have to say about this farce.