PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Short cuts: What's in it for me?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2005, 17:29
ItchyFeet2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short cuts: What's in it for me?

Could someone tell me who I should go and see to claim my free upgrades, free tickets etc, because I have saved "XYZ" airline a fortune by giving short cuts every day?

It seems odd (but feel free to give your tuppence worth) that I am expected to work harder (coordinating, scan for extra conflicts, pass revisions, anticipate new climb and descent profiles...) just so that an aircraft can "catch up because we're running late, today" (same as yesterday and the day before...)

Yet any time that I queried about an upgrade, or fam flight, or concession....Sorry, we're not allowed to do that!; It's up to the FSD/ CSD / Gate supervisor/ Duty manager....

In fact everyone but the people I talk to each day when I am doing more than my jobs worth!!!

And if this isn't possible, could I arrange for a percentage of the bonus pilots get for saving fuel by hassling controllers?

Honestly, you would think it was your own money you were spending, the way you can bombard an overworked controller by "Can we route direct...", "Can we fly to ...", stamping on other calls, interfering with readbacks...

There's usually a very good reason why we, as controllers don't give you short cuts! It's called "other aircraft"!!!

You do realise that there is more than one of you out there don't you? Honest?

Well, could you please remember that next time?

Regards,

IF2